Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wild weather

On Friday, Alabama was hit with a series of storms more ferocious than I remember ever seeing in Missouri.  Wave after wave of rain drenched the central corridor of the state, accompanied by wind, lightning, and a few tornados.  I was thankful not to be at work as I can't imagine a warehouse to be the safest place to be during a tornado warning... and although I missed my midwestern basement, I felt quite snug in the back of our closet while the sirens sounds.  

All of the storms preceded a cold front.  Now, keep in mind, they have "predicted" snow in Tuscaloosa several times since we have been here and I have been encouraged to go out and buy milk and bread in preparation.  It never materialized.  Until today. 




I'm pretty sure all of Tuscaloosa is shut down. How do I know? Well, I have already gotten a text message indicating that church is canceled for this morning. Which is good, because the roads look fairly treacherous, don't you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Deb! What can I say...better thee than me!!! We were supposed to get a pile of the stuff on Saturday and got nothing but gray skies...WOOHOO! At least you all have the novelty factor going for you 'down South!' Where is spring???? Don't come lookin' for it in Missouri, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
I'm glad to hear your home was spared from the tornados. Your "heavy" snow pics brought back memories of when we lived in Jacksonville, FL and they had a snowfall. I would describe it as a "dusting", but for many it was the first time they saw snow. They actually closed schools, which I thought was absolutely ridiculous until I found out it was because the schools didn't have furnaces or heaters!! I can't wait for Spring. I'm tired of these cold, dreary days.
Take care,
Kathy H.

All This Trouble... said...

I've enjoyed everyone's snow day pictures so much!