If you have been following our blog for awhile, you know that our recent job change and relocation has been a long time in the making.
For my own memory's sake and for those who are interested in seeing how this played out (which is probably a grand total of two of you), here is the whirlwind in a nutshell:
- February 2010 - Head coach at Alabama announces her plan to retire after the fall season; as with other sports (ie football, basketball), head coaching changes usually mean wholesale staff changes.
- Spring 2010 - Josh applies for two coaching positions, is a finalist for both, but God closed the door.
- Fall 2010 - Josh coaches his final season at Alabama
- December 2010 - Job search begins in full force, main focus is on head coaching jobs at smaller D1 schools; lots of phone interviews, no major developments
- January 3 - First contact with the new Georgia head coach
- January 6 - Josh interviews for the assistant coaching position at Georgia
- January 7 - Josh accepts job at Georgia
- January 18 - Josh's first day at UGA
- Janaury 26 - The moving truck arrives in Tuscaloosa
- January 27 - We officially move into our new home in Athens
I am starting to feel settled and Eli is figuring out how to get to his room with stairs in the way.
I am fortunate to have a friend in Athens already... believe it or not, she and her husband moved from Tuscaloosa just under a year ago!
We are so, so excited to be a part of Georgia Volleyball and can't wait to see what the future holds.
And, I'm gonna try to blog more... for those of you who are still reading!