Monday, February 9, 2009

Wise words

This resonated with me and I thought I would share.
We can endure something so horrific that we can convince ourselves that life is over for us.  We can conclude that all joy is behind us and only pain awaits in the future.  But, if we are willing, one day at a time, one layer at a time, God begins to bring healing, restoration, and perhaps best of all, fresh revelation.  Little slivers of light turn into late dawns and, finally, noon day suns.

When the love of God calls forth a love for God in a heart of brokenness, it spills forth ina way no happy heart can gush.  I can remember the exact moment I realized I was going to survive a season of loss and grave defeat.  With the pain still present in my heart but strumming now in clear, acoustical praise, I felt oddly more alive than I'd ever been in my life.  The scars on my battered soul no longer appeared to me as random slashes but suddenly transfigured into engravings of unexpected praise and thanksgiving.
Beth Moore, from Annointed, Transformed, Redeemed
Amen and amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading through some of the comments on Cora McClenahan's family's blog and something made me jump to yours. I have been crying for two days now. It is impossible to understand these things. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. It is beyond my imagination, yet so devastating. I pray God will continue to grant you comfort and peace, the grace that is sufficient to get through the day. Your little boy, Noah, was darling. May your memories be joyful as the days go by...again, I'm sorry.

Heather S. said...

Thanks for sharing those inspiring words. I'm glad you had a nice visit when you were in St. Louis. I continue to pray for you as you go through each new season without Noah.

Nicoolmama said...

God Bless your positive attitude after all you have endured...
That is beautiful.

Amy Barrett said...

Wow! That is powerful. I love that. So hopeful! A keeper for sure.