1. We are trying out Sam's brand diapers. Any opinions on them out there?
2. We have lived in Tuscaloosa for over two years now. And yet, listening to sports talk radio this morning, I still couldn't understand a caller because of his southern accent!
3. Day 2 of Boot Camp? Kicking. My. Tail.
4. Our backyard is a haven for cats. Not really sure why, but we have cats parading through all day long. So, yesterday afternoon, I initially ignored the grey fuzzy object moving along the fence line. I looked up a few minutes later and realized it was not a cat but an opossum. (Side note: I think opossums look WAY too much like giant rats, so do not take the following pics as any sign of affection on my part. But read on and you will see why I felt a bit of a connection to this particular opossum...)
Opossums are usually nocturnal, so I am not sure why this one decided to adventure out during daylight hours. She was determined to get through the fence into our neighbor's yard.
You see, this was a mama opossum... if you look closely you can make out a tiny little tail under her belly. Not sure how many little ones she was toting around in her pouch but they made squeezing through slats in the fence nearly impossible.
But, like most mamas, she was undaunted. She kept trying until she discovered a wider spot at the end of the fence and moseyed along out of sight.
5. Eli has decided he likes baby applesauce. Peaches, not so much. We are going to try bananas in the near future.