Monday, June 7, 2010

Bits of my weekend - volume 7

We are officially back from vacation. Josh is off on a secret mission and I'm trying to get caught up on laundry...
This weekend brought the end of our week-long respite in Destin, Florida with Josh's family. With no sign of oil on the beautiful white Gulf Shore beaches, we had an amazing week of relaxation and fun.

Eli had a little bit of difficulty adjusting to sleeping in his pack 'n play but it was sweet to wake up in the morning to see his cute face peering at me from the end of our bed.

Eli loved the beach and the pool. This kid was meant to be in the water. He even seemed to figure out how to chill out in a beach chair and watch the world go by.

Eli loved hanging out with Uncle Nate on the beach and was completely enthralled when he would play the guitar back in the condo.

It is always fun when the three brothers (Nate, Nick, Josh) are able to spend time together. And I love that my little guy has such great men in his life!


Eli became very attached to Uncle Nick and Aunt Beth... I'm sure he is going to be a little confused this week when he is stuck just with me!

There were a few moments of crazy antics at the condo.

The obligatory photo shoot on the beach was almost foiled by extreme humidity... my first round of shots were all fuzzy because my lens kept fogging over. But we did manage to get a few good ones before getting on the road to head home.


What a great weekend. You just can't beat spending time with family. Makes me really excited for my parents to come visit later this month!

For the original "Bits" and links to others click HERE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eli is so adorable :)

Dayna said...

Oh! We miss going to Destin. It's such a great place. I'm glad you weren't plagued by oil.

And I agree: Eli is very cute!