Monday, June 28, 2010

Bits of my weekend - volume 9

It was a full weekend for the Lauer fam as my parents came to T-town for a visit!

Adventures with the grandparents require a little extra energy so Eli began the weekend enjoying a banana pop...

One of the many times that Eli convinced my mom to hold him up so he can stand and bounce...

My dad hadn't seen Eli since he was only a week old, so they spent some time getting reaquainted...


On Saturday, we indulged my dad's interest in archaeology and indian mounds by driving down to the Moundville Archaeological Park. Eli proudly displayed his entry sticker to the park as he cruised in his stroller...

A view of the park from the tallest mound...

Eli hanging with Dad on the top of the mound...

We took a brief stroll down a trail until we we too hot to go any farther. This butterfly decided to hitch a ride on my dad's hat...

Quick family portrait...

Eli hitched a ride on Daddy's shoulders...

The museum at the park was recently renovated. It is small, but really well done! Here are my parents under one of the totems...

Josh decided my parents needed to experience authentic Alabama barbeque, so we headed to the original Dreamland for lunch...

This location only serves ribs. The waiter came to our table and simply said, "Two slabs?"

Saturday night we met up with Josh's parents and went to dinner at DePalma's. Aren't my parents cute?

Eli got a last little bit of loving from Moma and Pop Pop before they flew home on Sunday. We miss you guys already!

That was our weekend! How was yours?
For the original "Bits of My Weekend" and to link to others... click here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Eli smile each time you point a camera his way? I've never seen such a happy guy! Linda

erin said...

Gosh that kid is adorable! I remember going to Dreamland as a kid. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I just happened upon your blog but I had to say I that kid is SO cute! LOL I remember when my son was that age! All short little legs, and smiles and omg I miss that sometimes.

When I see a post sometimes like this is so reminds me - and I get all nostalgic... sigh

Thanks for the sweet memory!

Tracy

betty and alex said...

Hey Deb,
It looks like you all had a wonderful time together. Your parents look great. Say hi to them for me.
Betty

Amy Barrett said...

Your parents are so cute...and they look thrilled with your handsome hunk!