Monday, June 21, 2010

Bits of my weekend - volume 8

Josh headed out on the recruiting trail in Orlando this weekend so Eli and I were flying solo. I'm not going to lie and say I enjoy weekends like this... in fact, they tend to make me a little crazy. My tendency to worry about Eli's health goes into overdrive when I am home alone and there is no one here to slap me into rationality. It doesn't help when the little man decides he is going to forgo long stretches of sleep the first two nights Josh is gone... lovely.

I started the weekend with a little comfort food...


While I prepared my feast, Eli busied himself in his new "toy closet".



There were several strong storms that blew through Tuscaloosa this weekend. The cloud formations over our neighborhood were pretty impressive so Mr. E and I ventured out into the heat to check them out (although these pics don't do them justice).

It also seemed like a good time for an impromptu self-portrait!


Saturday and Sunday were spent doing all our regular mom & Eli kind of things.
Reading...


Making messes...

Taking baths...

And, of course, lots of bouncing...

There you have it! For bits of other people's weekends from around the country, go HERE!

6 comments:

Heather S. said...

Eli is such a cutie!!!!!

Kelly Tirman said...

Great Eli shots! What a cutie!

Rachel said...

I love the bouncing! That is so funny!

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

He's adorable!

sherilee said...

I do remember those long weekends with the toddler... all that energy and such little down time...seems like a lifetime ago! Your little guy is so sweet.

Amy Barrett said...

I'm pretty sure Eli gets cuter and juicier every day of his life. I love him and his big cheeks and big blue eyes! Love you!